In today’s competitive business world, being on top of the latest marketing and event management trends is a must. It doesn’t matter if you are a startup or an established business; you want to maximize the potential of your event or promotion. This means finding marketing trends that resonate with your audience and appeal to them.
The most successful attendees at events aren’t the ones just because it’s next on their schedule. They’re the ones who are there because they want to learn something, be inspired, or meet someone new. With so much competition, event organizers are challenged to differentiate themselves. From unique event themes to creative event marketing strategies, here are five ways event organizers can increase attendance and maximize their potential new business through events.
Ways to Maximize Your Event Marketing
- Have a Goal– A goal sets a clear direction for your event and helps you measure your success. That can mean different things for different events, but a simple one might be to get a certain number of people to your booth at your next trade show.
- Create a Budget– If they don’t translate to sales, they’ll only increase your expenses instead of your bottom line. Before you start planning an event, make sure you have a realistic budget. Remember that budgeting doesn’t mean you have to live like a monk; it just means you set up your monthly expenses, so you’ll know how much you can afford to spend.
- Use social media– It’s easier than ever to not only publicize your event but also specifically target your audience. With more social media platforms than ever, like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and even Snapchat, it’s easier than ever to find and reach your target audience.
- Include the Main Feature– A successful event marketing campaign takes preparation and planning. For event planners, that means creating a catalog or print ad of the event’s main feature, then creating a promotion around that feature. The promotion can range from sweepstakes to a discount or giveaway. The promotion can be based on the main feature of your event, such as a free concert or a free meal. However, you can also promote features that aren’t directly related to your event.
- Include a Promotional Giveaway– If you’re planning an event, you’ll want to ensure it’s successful. While you may go all out for the big day, your promotion leading up to the event may be overlooked. To maximize your event marketing, include a promotional giveaway.
Maybe your company’s main focus right now is on driving new business, but we also have events coming up that could generate some quality leads and exposure for your brand. So, do you get the most out of those efforts by maximizing your exposure at events?
How do I maximize the potential of my new business from one of my events? This is one of the most common questions I get at events, especially from event professionals who have only been in business for a few years. If you have an event business, at some point in your career, you will be asked this question. If so, you’re not alone.
Networking and meeting people is a key part of the event and tradeshow process but is also one of the most overlooked and under-utilized. The networking event allows exhibitors and attendees to mingle and chat and exchange contact information, which can be the key to a successful event.
No matter what industry you work in, it’s important to maximize the potential of your brand’s events. Create an event to highlight your product, services, or achievements or host a guest speaker. No matter your industry, your events should stand out to your audience and be memorable.