Take a minute to think about the last event you attended. For some, it was a sales conference. For others, it was a networking event. For still others, it may have been an educational seminar. You may have attended a party at the end of the night too. Regardless of the type of event, however, one thing is for sure. On behalf of the attendees and presenters, the event was probably better than you expected. That’s because all events are improved when they are held in person. have you ever heard about in-person industry events?
What Are In-Person Industry Events?
In-person events are great for promoting an organization, but they can also carry a whole lot of benefits. Getting face-to-face with customers and business partners can lead to stronger relationships and better overall business. It can help with networking, haling back customers, and creating an environment to sell in.
In-person events allow attendees to interact with each other in person, enabling them to communicate more effectively and be more productive on the job site. Furthermore, in-person events allow attendees to experience the event first-hand, which can help them avoid costly mistakes during the installation process.
Knowing its Benefits
The benefits of in-person industry events don’t mean you have to go travel to a far-off exotic location. In-person events can be held on a local college campus, at a workplace, or virtually anywhere. Attending an in-person event provides an opportunity to meet with colleagues, test new products and services, and learn about emerging industry trends.
If you’re wondering why your competitors are doing it, here are five ways in-person events can help you as well:
- Meet new people. When you attend an in-person industry event, you get to see the people you are about to work with in person. In fact, conferences and tradeshows can be an excellent way to meet new contacts who can help you grow your business. Plus, what’s interesting is that you can have a real, live conversation without being interrupted by text messages, emails, and Slack channels.
- Reconnects with current clients and business partners. For those of us who are in the industry, the time we spend together at events is a valuable part of our connection. The environments, the people, and the opportunities are a great ways to create connections and new business opportunities.
In-person events are a great way to build your network, connect with existing clients, and make new contacts. While a lot of people think these events are only for salespeople and marketers, it’s important to remember that networking is important to anyone working in sales. You can build and strengthen your network of contacts, and this can lead to new business.
- Gain insights into today’s market. Events are a great way to get real-world, actionable insights from speakers and attendees that can help your business grow and succeed. Whether it be attending a trade show to find out what the competition is doing, or a conference to learn about trends in the industry, it’s important that you’re at the right events and meeting the right people.
- Drives brand presence. One of the best ways to network and build your brand in the industry is to attend an in-person event. As much as we like to think it’s all about the products or services we provide, it’s also about the people we meet and the relationships we build. Regardless of the industry, in-person industry events are becoming an increasingly important marketing and sales tool. In fact, they have been shown to accelerate sales and increase sales leads, which often translates into additional business.
- Leads to new business opportunities. In addition to providing a valuable resource to your customers, attending industry events can also be an excellent way to grow your business. Attending in-person events gives you the opportunity to have face-to-face discussions with the people who are buying and selling your products and services. You can develop your personal relationships with those in the industry, as well as your team, and learn ways you can improve your business.
For many events, it can be hard to justify the expense, but in-person events can deliver a lot of value. Whether it’s to meet face to face with colleagues or to learn about new tools and services, attending in-person events can be a huge timesaver for your business. While flying to a conference may seem like a quick way to get a large amount of content, the cost of your travel is not a small one. It’s worth taking the time to plan ahead and make the most of your conference experience.