In the ‘90s, services like AOL and CompuServe were the first to harness the potential of the Web and the first to realize they could utilize this platform to help businesses get a leg up in the fledgling world of e-commerce. Companies like Best Buy, Walmart, and Target all turned to interactive content to help them sell more of their products.
What Is Interactive Content?
Interactive media such as websites, email, mobile apps, and social media are growing at an alarming rate. Using information technology to get the most out of these platforms is essential to the success of businesses.
If you have a business and want to have a strong online presence, you need interactive content. This means putting interactive elements into your website meant to engage people and draw them into your business. Interactive content can come in the form of videos, quizzes, games, slideshows, interactive polls, and even virtual gifts.
The Different Types
There are different types of interactive content, and each of them has different ways to make your customers come to you and purchase your product. The different types of interactive content are:
• Video content, such as videos, animated GIFs, and split screens.
• In-game content, such as in-game avatars, player avatars, and animated in-game graphics.
• In-app content, such as in-app avatars, in-app avatars, and in-app avatars.
• Voice content, such as voice avatars and voice-over-IP.
• Blog content, as in blog posts, posts, text, and stories.
• Web content, such as a webpage.
Interactive content allows users to get involved with your content in a way that is more than just a click of a button. There are several ways to create interactive content: creating a quiz, asking questions, creating a click-to-call interface, and sharing content on your Facebook page.
To bring in more customers, businesses and organizations need to start making use of interactive content. This new kind of content helps customers understand more about the product they want to buy. Interactive content is also an integral part of the customer’s experience. It allows the business to connect with them on a deeper level.
How does Interactive Content Help Businesses Draw In Customers?
Interactive content is all the rage these days, but the business behind it is still a mystery. How does it work? Who is benefiting the most? We researched the factors that most influenced interactive content’s success and discovered that, while the impact varies by industry, interactive content brings in more customers than you might expect.
In business, more than ever, we are trying to create one-on-one relationships with each of our customers. By offering a personalized experience, it is easier for customers to feel as if we are in touch with their business. The problem with this is that when we get too in touch, we lose sight of the customer. This is where interactive content comes in. In interactive content, you provide your customers with a unique experience that they can interact with.
Factors To Consider When Creating Interactive Content
Storytelling is one of the most effective ways to connect with your audience, but creating interactive content can be a challenge when you don’t know how to conceptualize it or create it in a way that engages audience members. The more you know about the factors involved in creating interactive content, the better you’ll be able to harness their power to improve your customer engagement.
1. Attention and focus. Most people will spend the majority of their time reading content in one of three ways: scanned through something on the internet, watching a video, or listening to an audiobook. While it’s important to be able to do all three, it’s also important to have the necessary mental energy to focus on the content.
2. Cognitive load. Too much information or too complex information can be overwhelming and distracting. Allow yourself to absorb a little of the information at a time and make sure you can actively and fully process it before moving on.
3. The goal. While it’s important to read any interactive content for the purpose of learning, it’s also important that you know why you’re reading it.
The digital world has created a high demand for content that engages the user. It is important to note that digital content is not static but rather interactive. As a result, businesses should always think about how interactive content can engage their users, as that is the only way to draw them back for repeat visits.